Get Together With Technology (GTT) is coming to Vancouver!
Sponsored by the Canadian Council of the Blind in partnership with Blind Beginnings
What is GTT:
An opportunity for individuals who are blind or partially sighted to get together and
– Share how they are using assistive technology for work, school, and in their daily lives
– Learn from others who are using different assistive technology
– Request information on new technology
– Mentor and support each other
This program is for people who are blind or partially sighted of all ages as well as parents of children and youth who are blind or partially sighted.
Agenda for the First Vancouver GTT Meeting:
Location: Blind Beginnings Office, 227 6th Street, New Westminster
Time: Wednesday, September 23, 10AM to 12Noon
Theme: Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod – how low vision people benefit from these amazing touch screen devices?
• How to use the touch screen to read information and navigate apps.
• Basic tasks such as making phone calls, texting, emailing
• Learn how to type on the screen or issue voice commands.
• Useful apps, accessories, and resources for blind and partially sighted.
Who Should Attend?
• Anybody who is interested in learning about the accessibility features built-in to Apple iPhone, iPod, or IPad.
• Existing users of Apple devices who have questions or want to share your experience.
• Anyone interested in contributing to the future of the Vancouver GTT group by sharing ideas for future meetings to discuss other blind or low vision assistive devices.
For more information contact:
Shawn Marsolais Albert Ruel