Hello GTT Edmonton:Following is the agenda for our next GTT Edmonton meeting. The agenda is also attached as a 1-pager for those who may wish to print and post it. This will be a most interesting meeting with a presentation from Edmonton Public Library but in addition, AMI-TV will be there to do a story about our group and we hope some of you will help them with interviews. This media coverage will help promote our new chapter.
Get Together With Technology (GTT)
A Chapter of the Canadian Council of the Blind
You are invited! Blind and low vision GTT participants meet monthly to learn about and share their experiences using assistive technologies in their daily lives at home, school, or at work.
Agenda for the Next Edmonton GTT Meeting:
· Time: Monday January 11, 7pm to 9pm.
· Location: Ascension Lutheran Church 8405 – 83 Street NW, Edmonton. Enter from back door. If you arrive late the door may be locked. Please ring the bell to the right of the door.
· Theme: Edmonton Public Library Services.
Media Coverage: We are pleased that AMI-TV will be present to do a story and interviews on GTT Edmonton!
· Our guest will be WendyGronnestad-Damur, Community Librarian at Edmonton Public Library Idylwylde Branch.
· Wendy will speak about EPL assistive technologies , e-books, DAISY books, SARA scanner/reader, home services, and CELA and NNELS services.
· Mike McWilliams will update us on improvements to his After Sight device which now features object recognition.
· WE also plan one on one help with your talking book players.
Who Should Attend?
Any blind or low vision person who is interested in learning how assistive technologies can help them lead more independent lives.
For more information contact:
GTT.Edmonton@gmail.com or 780.465.7021