Please share this invitation widely to anyone you think will benefit from our collective knowledge.
Where: The 710 Club, 285 Prideaux Street, Nanaimo BC;
When: Thursday, February 4, 2016
Time: 1:00 until 3:00 PM
Agenda for the first hour:
1. We will work on recommending ways of accessing audio books from the iPhone, as well as other helpful hints about useful services offered by iDevices generally.
2. Albert will provide another demo of the new OrCam OCR device, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OrCam_device;
3. Hugh and Aedan will demonstrate two types of iPhone/iPad stands that facilitate the use of the K NFB Reader app for scanning text. Hugh and Eaden, please bring them to the meeting.
4. GTT/CCB Membership Dues are due for those wishing to officially join the organization, $10/year;
5. Albert will report on the Barrier Free BC/Canada initiative intended to work toward the enactment of a British Columbians with Disabilities and Canadians with Disabilities Acts.
The second hour is for you to bring up those technology issues you need answered, so bring along your devices and ask for support and guidance.
To RSVP, please call Albert Ruel at 1-877-304-0968 Ext. 550 email at GTTWest@CCBNational.net, or Donna Hudon at 250-618-0010 email at IamDonnaHudon@Gmail.com.
The Get Together with Technology (GTT) program is an exciting program which helps people who are blind or have low vision to explore low vision and blindness related access technology. You can learn from and discuss assistive technology with others walking the same path of discovery.
The group is made up of blindness related assistive technology users, and those who have an interest in using assistive technology designed to help blind and vision impaired people level the playing field. The GTT group meets monthly to share their passions for assistive technology and to learn what others can offer from their individual perspectives.
In order to get information about upcoming GTT meetings and conference calls as well as meeting notes and resources, please subscribe to the GTT blog. To register please visit the web page below. Look near the bottom of the page for a heading called, “Follow “GTT Program blog and resources” and leave your email address in the edit field below that heading. The final step is to Click on the Submit Button below that Edit Field. You will receive an email message asking you to confirm that you wish to be subscribed, and clicking on the “confirmation” link in that message will complete the process.