Get Together With Technology (GTT) Vancouver!
Sponsored by the Canadian Council of the Blind
in partnership with
People who are blind or partially sighted of all ages are invited to this month’s GTT where we will learn what iCloud is, how to use it and the accessibility features built-in.
Who Should Attend?
– People who have, or plan to have an iPhone, iPad or iPod
– People who want assistance with other assistive technology like Mac and PC computers, talking book machines etc.
Time: Wednesday, February 10, 10AM to 12Noon
Location: Blind Beginnings Office, 227 6th Street, New Westminster
Transit Directions: Catch the 106 from New Westminster Skytrain Station and get off at 3rd Ave. and 6th St. If you would like to be met at the bus stop for the short walk into the office, call 604-434-7243.
During the first hour we will learn how to use iCloud to back up our iDevices, why it’s important and how it integrates with your PC. The second half of the meeting will include an opportunity to seek tech advice from those with more knowledge. Please bring the device you want assistance with.
If you plan to attend please RSVP no later than Tuesday February 2 by Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-434-7243.
What is GTT?
An opportunity for individuals who are blind or partially sighted to get together and
– Share how they are using assistive technology for work, school, and in their daily lives
– Learn from others who are using different assistive technology
– Request information on new technology
– Mentor and support each other
You’re invited, and encouraged to circulate this invitation widely to your circle of friends, colleagues and family who have an interest in peer support in the area of assistive technology.
For more information about GTT contact:
Shawn Marsolais Albert Ruel
604-434-7243 1-877-304-0968 Ext. 550