Vancouver GTT is expanding to Saturdays!
Sponsored by the Canadian Council of the Blind in partnership with Blind Beginnings
What is GTT:
GTT (Get Together with Technology) is an opportunity for individuals who are blind or partially sighted to get together and
– Share how they are using assistive technology for work, school, and in their daily lives
– Learn from others who are using different assistive technology
– Request information on new technology
– Mentor and support each other
This program is for people who are blind or partially sighted of all ages as well as parents of children and youth who are blind or partially sighted.
The Vancouver GTT program has been running successfully on the 3rd Wednesday of the month since August 2015 and will continue to do so. The next daytime meeting is scheduled for Wednesday March 16 from 10:00 am to noon and the topic is Windows 10.
Based on requests from several individuals, we are launching a 2nd GTT Vancouver group to be held the first Saturday of the month from 2:00 – 4:00 pm. The first Saturday meeting will take place on March 5 and the topic will be the IPhone/IPad/IPod.
Both meetings will take place at the Blind Beginnings office in New Westminster – 227 6th St.
Transit Directions: Catch the 106 from New Westminster Skytrain Station and get off at 3rd Ave. and 6th St. If you would like to be met at the bus stop for the short walk into the office, call 604-434-7243.
Theme for Saturday March 5: Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod – how people with low vision benefit from these amazing touch screen devices?
You can expect to learn:
• How to use the touch screen to read information and navigate apps.
• Basic tasks such as making phone calls, texting, emailing
How to type on the screen or issue voice commands.
• Useful apps, accessories, and resources for people who are blind and partially sighted.
Who Should Attend?
• Anybody who is interested in learning about the accessibility features built-in to Apple iPhone, iPod, or IPad.
• Existing users of Apple devices who have questions or want to share your experience.
• Anyone interested in contributing to the future of the Vancouver GTT group by sharing ideas for future meetings to discuss other blind or low vision assistive devices.
Important Reminder: Please bring your technology with you to the meeting so you can get hands on help with your tech questions.
For more information contact:
Shawn Marsolais Albert Ruel