Get Together With Technology (GTT)
An Initiative of the Canadian Council of the Blind
You are invited! Blind and low vision GTT participants meet monthly to learn about and share their experiences using assistive technologies in their daily lives at home, school, or at work.
Agenda for the first Prince Edward Island Conference Call GTT Meeting:
Date: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm, Prince Edward Island Time.
Location: CCB Toll Free Conference Number.
Passcode is 5670311#
Smart Phone users can tap on the below number to have the passcode dialed automatically following the toll free number:
- Brainstorming for the first, and future meetings of GTT and the CCB Assistive Technology Program on Prince Edward Island.
- Albert Ruel and Sandra Porier will lead a Brainstorming Session Regarding Future content and format for GTT Prince Edward Island Meetings
Some are curious about the kinds of topics or technologies that may be discussed in future meetings. Here are a few potential topics:
- Talking books, talking book machines and accessible Libraries: How do I get started; where do I ask my questions; what do I do to find books I will like?
- What types of magnification technology will help me access vital text in my home?
- How can we who are living with Low and no vision get access to vital information?
- Smart phones, which one is best, how much are they and who will help me learn how to use one?
- Is a computer actually needed in my life, and if so who’s going to help me pick one out or learn how to use it?
- Is the internet a safe place to get information I need?
- Hey Google, Alexa, what are these smart speakers we keep hearing about, is that something I need or want?
Who Should Attend:
Any blind or low vision person who is interested in learning how assistive technologies can help them lead more independent lives.
- Anyone interested in contributing to the future of the Prince Edward Island GTT group by sharing ideas for future meetings to discuss other blind or low vision assistive devices.
For More Information contact: