Revised, this meeting will now be available through Zoom Conferencing for those living outside of Toronto.
GTT Toronto Adaptive Technology User Group
September 19, 2019
An Initiative of the Canadian Council of the Blind
In Partnership with the CNIB Foundation
*Note: Reading Tip: This Invitation applys HTML headings to help navigate the document. With screen readers, you may press the H key to jump forward or Shift H to jump backward from heading to heading.
Hey Everyone, You’re Invited!
Theme: Microsoft’s new Soundscape app
The Date & Time:
Thursday, September 19, 6:00 PM til 8:00 PM
CNIB community Hub at 1525 Yonge St.
The Get Together with Technology adaptive technology user group is back for a great new 2019-20 season!
Come out to the CNIB Community Hub at 1525 Yonge Street, just north of St Clair on the east side of Yonge, and join us for another informative meeting!
We’ll be kicking off this season with a session on Microsoft’s new Soundscape app presented by Jason Fayre, as well, Microsoft has agreed to present at this meeting. We will have at least one member of the Microsoft Soundscape team joining us via zoom conference. So, come with lots of questions!
If you are unable to make it to the meeting in person and you want to join via zoom, below is the dial-in info. We will also have this info posted on the GTT Toronto website very shortly, since we have decided to make the Zoom option an official part of all upcoming GTT Toronto meetings.
What is Soundscape?
“Microsoft Soundscape is a research project that explores the use of innovative audio-based technology to enable people, particularly those with blindness or low vision, to build a richer awareness of their surroundings, thus becoming more confident and empowered to get around. Unlike step-by-step navigation apps, Soundscape uses 3D audio cues to enrich ambient awareness and provide a new way to relate to the environment. It allows you to build a mental map and make personal route choices while being more comfortable within unfamiliar spaces.”
We’ll open the session up with a Q & A, in which anyone can offer tips, ask questions or suggest new tech that helps those with vision loss work, play, and navigate the world more effectively!
Just a reminder that WheelTrans users should book rides to pick up just before 8pm. If you can’t get a pick up by 8pm, please book your pick up from the Midtown Gastro Hub next door at 1535 Yonge Street.
Join Zoom Meeting
One tap mobile, Toronto Local:
+1 647 558 0588
Meeting ID: 511 951 0004
As usual, light refreshments will be served.
And don’t forget, you can get the notes from our past meetings at
So, bring your adaptive technology, and your questions, and join the GTT Toronto adaptive technology user group!
GTT Toronto Adaptive Technology User Group Overview:
- GTT Toronto is a chapter of the Canadian Council of the Blind (CCB).
- GTT Toronto promotes a self-help learning experience by holding monthly meetings to assist participants with assistive technology.
- Each meeting consists of a feature technology topic, questions and answers about technology, and one-on-one training where possible.
- Participants are encouraged to come to each meeting even if they are not interested in the feature topic because questions on any technology are welcome. The more participants the better able we will be equipped with the talent and experience to help each other.
- There are GTT groups across Canada as well as a national GTT monthly toll free teleconference. You may subscribe to the National GTT blog to get email notices of teleconferences and notes from other GTT chapters. Visit:
There is a form at the bottom of that web page to enter your email.