GTT Toronto Adaptive Technology User Group
December 12, 2019
An Initiative of the Canadian Council of the Blind
In Partnership with the CNIB Foundation
*Note: This meeting is being held one week earlier than usual on the second Thursday of December.
*Note: Reading Tip: This Invitation applies HTML headings to help navigate the document. With screen readers, you may press the H key to jump forward or Shift H to jump backward from heading to heading.
Hey Everyone, You’re Invited!
Theme: Online Shopping
The Date & Time:
Thursday, December 12, 6:00 PM til 8:00 PM
CNIB community Hub at 1525 Yonge St.
To give you room for the holiday season, we’re holding our December meeting a week early, on Thursday December 12, from 6pm to 8pm, at the CNIB Community Hub, 1525 Yonge Street!
Join presenter Aamer Khan discussing the diverse world of online shopping at the last GTT Toronto meeting before the holidays!
Get ready and get set to talk all about shopping on the Internet;
- Amazon, Walmart and GroupOn,
- We’ll talk about shopping dot com,
- Ask questions and don’t be shy,
- There’s plenty out there to buy,
Snacks will be served.
If you can’t make it in person, you can conference in via our brand new ZOOM line. Go to the Meeting Conference Info on our website.
Please remember to book your WheelTrans rides for pick up before 8pm. If you can’t get a ride before 8pm, please book your return pick up from the Midtown Gastro Hub at 1535 Yonge right next door.
Bring your tech, bring your questions, and Get together with Technology!
Join Zoom Meeting
One tap mobile, Toronto Local:
+1 647 558 0588
Meeting ID: 511 951 0004
As usual, light refreshments will be served.
And don’t forget, you can get the notes from our past meetings at
So, bring your adaptive technology, and your questions, and join the GTT Toronto adaptive technology user group!
GTT Toronto Adaptive Technology User Group Overview:
- GTT Toronto is a chapter of the Canadian Council of the Blind (CCB).
- GTT Toronto promotes a self-help learning experience by holding monthly meetings to assist participants with assistive technology.
- Each meeting consists of a feature technology topic, questions and answers about technology, and one-on-one training where possible.
- Participants are encouraged to come to each meeting even if they are not interested in the feature topic because questions on any technology are welcome. The more participants the better able we will be equipped with the talent and experience to help each other.
- There are GTT groups across Canada as well as a national GTT monthly toll free teleconference. You may subscribe to the National GTT blog to get email notices of teleconferences and notes from other GTT chapters. Visit:
There is a form at the bottom of that web page to enter your email.