For the month of January Small Business BC, Community Futures and Public Services Procurement Canada are offering a number of seminars free of charge to persons with disabilities. Seminars are in-person or via webinar. Just need to follow the link at the end of the below announcement to begin the free registration process. Please feel free to share with anyone you think might be interested.
We have partnered with Small Business BC (SBBC) and Community Futures – Entrepreneurs with Disabilities Program (EDP) to make January 2020 Accessibility Month at SBBC. All of the seminars and webinars in January will feature:
- Free AIRA Access coverage of the building, so that blind and visually-impaired business people can navigate the venue.
- Live ASL interpretation;
- Presentation materials revised to improve readability for those with vision or cognitive impairments
- Dedicated wheelchair accessible space in the room.
- Free access to any presentation for anyone who identifies as having a disability (paid for by Community Futures).
- A “tip sheet” to help presenters make their presentations more accessible. Once it is reviewed by PSPC HQ, we will share with all of the January presenters.
PSPC recognizes that there are likely to be lessons learned over the course of the month before we can truly offer barrier-free service. To the extent possible, we will incorporate those lessons during the month rather than waiting until the end.
Attendees can participate in person at SBBC’s Waterfront Station offices or online by registering at Small Business BC: https://smallbusinessbc.ca/article/january-is-accessibility-month-at-sbbc/