GTT Toronto Adaptive Technology User Group
January 16, 2020
An Initiative of the Canadian Council of the Blind
In Partnership with the CNIB Foundation
*Note: Reading Tip: This Invitation applies HTML headings to help navigate the document. With screen readers, you may press the H key to jump forward or Shift H to jump backward from heading to heading.
Hey Everyone, You’re Invited!
Theme: Accessibility Suite in Windows
The Date & Time:
Thursday, January 16, 6:00 PM til 8:00 PM
CNIB community Hub at 1525 Yonge St.
Happy 2020! We’re back with another GTT Toronto session and we’re kicking off the New Year with a presentation on the Accessibility Suite in Windows 10! Shane Laurnitus, CNIB Foundation’s GTA Lead on Accessible Technology, will be walking us through everything you need to know about the features that are built in to the basic Windows 10 package, without add-ons or other, third-party assistive software.
Come out to the CNIB Community Hub at 1525 Yonge Street, just north of St Clair. Or, if you can’t make the meeting, join us via Zoom conference.
Light refreshments will be served.
Please remember to book your WheelTrans rides for pick up before 8pm. If you can’t get a ride before 8pm, please book your return pick up from the Midtown Gastro Hub at 1535 Yonge right next door.
Bring your tech, bring your questions, and Get together with Technology!
Join Zoom Meeting
One tap mobile, Toronto Local:
+1 647 558 0588
Meeting ID: 511 951 0004
As usual, light refreshments will be served.
And don’t forget, you can get the notes from our past meetings at
So, bring your adaptive technology, and your questions, and join the GTT Toronto adaptive technology user group!
GTT Toronto Adaptive Technology User Group Overview:
- GTT Toronto is a chapter of the Canadian Council of the Blind (CCB).
- GTT Toronto promotes a self-help learning experience by holding monthly meetings to assist participants with assistive technology.
- Each meeting consists of a feature technology topic, questions and answers about technology, and one-on-one training where possible.
- Participants are encouraged to come to each meeting even if they are not interested in the feature topic because questions on any technology are welcome. The more participants the better able we will be equipped with the talent and experience to help each other.
- There are GTT groups across Canada as well as a national GTT monthly toll free teleconference. You may subscribe to the National GTT blog to get email notices of teleconferences and notes from other GTT chapters. Visit:
There is a form at the bottom of that web page to enter your email.