Saving CELA/CNIB Library Zipped DAISY files to a Dropbox folder for uploading to Voice Dream Reader:
Note: This set of instructions was requested at the end of the discussion during the January 13 National Conference Call titled, “All About the Mac”. Strangely, these are PC based instructions related to the use of Voice Dream REader on iOS devices.
To access the two sets of instructions in this document search for ## and your word processor will take you to the start of each section.
##CELA Library search and Download instructions
1. open your favourite web browser then brows to http://iguana.celalibrary.ca/iguana/www.main.cls?surl=CELA-home&lang=eng&theme=reset
2. Scroll to the Sign-in link and press the enter key. Type your user name and password and press the enter key;
3. Press the letter E in order to access the Search edit field. Using JAWS or NVDA you will press the space bar to activate the Edit Mode, then type your search string, for example, “Chevalier, Gerry” will bring up the following result, CNIB digital library audio tutorial;
4. Use the letter H to navigate to the Heading for the second result, then use the down arrow to read about the Zipped DAISY book available for download, then continue down arrowing to the Get It! DAISY Download Zip Button and press the enter key;
5. In the resulting page down arrow to the Download Button and press the enter key;
6. With Internet Explorer you will hold down the Alt key while pressing the letter N, then Tab to the Save Button and press the space bar to actually start the download;
7. Use the down arrow button to access the Return to Search Results and press the enter key to go back as above;
8. Check your Downloads folder to see that your book has been downloaded. Allow some time for this to occur, which will be dependent on the speed of your internet service.
##To move the DAISY Zipped file to your Dropbox folder do as follows:
1. Navigate to your Downloads folder and locate the desired Zipped file;
2. Copy or Cut the file to the Clipboard with Alt X or Alt C respectively;
3. Navigate to the Dropbox icon on your Desktop, then locate the sub-folder you wish to store the Zipped file into and press the enter key to open it;
4. Paste the Zipped file into the folder with Alt V;
5. Once the Zipped file finishes loading into your Dropbox account you will have access to it from Voice Dream Reader.
##How to download a Zipped DAISY file to Voice Dream Reader from Dropbox:
1. In Voice Dream Reader navigate to the Add Button and do a 1-finger double-tap;
2. Flick right or left with 1-finger to access the Dropbox icon and do a 1-finger double-tap to open it;
3. Flick right with 1-finger to locate the file, or the folder where the Zipped DAISY file will be found. If it’s in a folder a 1-finger double-tap will open the folder, then flicking to the right or left with 1-finger will allow you to navigate to the desired file;
4. Once the file is located do a 1-finger double-tap to start the download process. Flicking right and left with 1-finger will access the progress bar for the download and loading processes. Flick to the OK Button once done and do a 1-finger double-tap;
5. This will land you back in the Dropbox folder, so flick right or left to the Done Button and do a 1-finger double-tap to return to the main Voice Dream Reader screen;
6. Flick right or left with 1-finger to access your stored material to find the book just downloaded and do a 1-finger double-tap to launch it.
If you have any questions about the above please be in touch with Albert Ruel at GTTWest@CCBNational.net or 1-877-304-0968 Ext. 550.