Get Together With Technology (GTT) New Westminster/Vancouver!
Sponsored by the Canadian Council of the Blind
in partnership with
Vancouver Community College
October 2018 Theme:
During the October 13th and 23rd meetings, which are in gboth cases a week later then expected due to the Thanksgiving Weekend and a schedule conflict respectively, we will present topics yet to be determined. As soon as we establish said topics we will share through our normal communications channels.
Date and Time: Saturday, October 13, 2018 from 10AM to 12Noon
*Note: Meetings are usually on the 1st Saturday, however due to the Thanksgiving weekend we’ve moved it back a week.
Where: Vancouver Community College, Broadway campus – Room 2501 Building A 1155 East Broadway
GTT New Westminster:
Date & Time: Wednesday, October 23, 2018
Where: Blind Beginnings Office, 227 6th Street, New Westminster
*Note: Meetings are usually on the third Tuesday, however due to scheduling issues no one will be available to open the room for GTT, so we’ve moved it back a week and a day to the forth Wednesday.
Who Should Attend?
- People who would like to know what is possible to do with assistive tech;
- People who want to know how to fully participate in community life with the use of assistive tech;
- People who want to know how to use the assistive tech they already own;
- People who want to know how to choose the right piece of tech to accomplish their participation goals;
- People interested in determining what other accessible devices exist they may not already know about;
- People who want peer assistance with other assistive technology.
The topics for both GTT Vancouver meetings are to be announced, so save the dates and plan to bring us your questions, comments and nuggets to share with the group.
The second half of the meeting will include an opportunity to seek tech advice from those with more knowledge. Please bring the device you want assistance with.
For more information contact either Shawn Marsolais or Albert Ruel:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-434-7243.
Albert.GTT@CCBNational.net or 250-240-2343
What is GTT?
An opportunity for individuals who are blind or partially sighted to get together and
- Share how they are using assistive technology for work, school, and in their daily lives
- Learn from others who are using different assistive technology
- Request information on new technology
- Mentor and support each other
You’re invited, and encouraged to circulate this invitation widely to your circle of friends, colleagues and family who have an interest in peer support in the area of assistive technology.
For more information about GTT contact:
Shawn Marsolais Albert Ruel
604-434-7243 1-877-304-0968 Ext. 550