Get Together with Technology (GTT) Calgary
A Chapter of the Canadian Council of the Blind
The most recent meeting of the Get Together With Technology (GTT) Calgary Chapter was held September 19 at 10:00 AM at the CCB Office in the basement of the Calgary CNIB Service Center, 15 Colonel Baker Place NE.
Attendance- 4 members, Karen, Cherryl, Ted, Anthony.
As discussed, here are the desired topics for the coming months:
• Lots of people wanted to know more about the new features in iOS 10.
• AuTour was also mentioned as well.
• Priority for next month will be GPS aps, weather permitting.
• Since we have a couple of Android users, it was mentioned that we need to get somebody to come from Android to speak.
• We also said it might be good to have someone to come from Aroga and talk about what they have to offer.
• Some people less technically advanced also said they would like to go back to basics since some of what was and is covered is above their heads or too complicated.
If you have any questions, comments, or if there are any ommissions, please contact me or Cherryl McNab and we will be happy to assist you.
Next Meeting (Monday October 17 at 10:00 AM )
• Send your meeting topic ideas to Tedsmusicom@telus.net.
• As always, for help with technology bring your devices and/or questions to the meeting.
Meeting Location and Logistics:
• We meet in the CCB Office in the basement of the Calgary CNIB Service Center, 15 Colonel Baker Place NE.
• Meetings are held on the third Monday of each month at 10:00 AM.
• If you have someone helping you your assistant is welcome to remain for the meeting.
GTT Calgary Team:
Cherryl McNab, CCB Calgary Chapter and Alberta Division President
Ted Phillips, CCB Calgary Club Secretary
GTT Calgary Overview
• GTT Calgary is a chapter of the Canadian Council of the Blind (CCB).
• GTT Calgary promotes a self-help learning experience by holding monthly meetings to assist participants with assistive technology.
• Each meeting will present a feature technology topic and general question and answer about any other technology.
• Small groups or one on one assistance is possible at the meetings.
• Participants are encouraged to come to each meeting even if they are not interested in the feature topic because questions on any technology are welcome. The more participants the better able we will be equipped with the talent and experience to help each other.
• There are GTT groups in Ottawa, Toronto, Kingston, Northern Ontario, Pembroke, Halifax, Sydney, Edmonton, Grande Prairie, Victoria, Nanaimo, Vancouver, and more to come.
• There is also a national GTT monthly toll free teleconference. You may subscribe to the National GTT blog to get email notices of teleconferences and notes from other GTT chapters. Visit:
There is a form at the bottom of that web page to enter your email.
[End of Document]